PUNJAB STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD
P.R.Circular No. 9/2008
The Chief Engineer/S.O.&C,
Power Regulation & Control Dte.,
PSEB, 220KV S/Stn., Ablowal, Patiala.
- All EIC/CEs/Distribution in PSEB.
- Chief Engineer/P&M, PSEB, Ludhiana.
- Chief Engineer/Enforcement, PSEB, Patiala.
- All Dy.CEs/SEs/Distribution in PSEB.
- All Dy.CEs/SEs/P&M in PSEB.
- All Dy.CEs/Directors/Enforcement & EA&MMTS.
- All Addl.SEs/Sr.XENs/Distribution along with 5 spare copies for further distribution amongst XENs/AEEs/AEs.
- All Addl.SEs/Sr.XENs/P&M, Grid Mtc. & Distribution.
- All Addl. SEs/Sr.XENs/Enforcement & EA&MMTS.
Memo No. /SO/PRC/LD-38 Dated: 18.07.2008
Subject: COMPULSORY WEEKLY-OFF DAY ON INDUSTRIES.
This is in continuation to this office PR Circular Nos. 3/2007 dated 7.6.2007 & 4/2007 dated 9.6.2007 on the subject cited above. To tide over the acute shortage of power and low frequency regime prevailing in the grid, it has been decided to take additional regulatory measures as below:
A) Induction Furnace & attached/ Independent Rolling Mill Industry shall observe two Compulsory Staggered Weekly Off days w.e.f. Sunday i.e. 20.7.2008, instead of one day as earlier being imposed vide above referred PR Circulars. For example Compulsory Weekly Off-day for these industries in Sangrur, Khanna & Jalandhar Circles, will now start at 22.30/23.00 hrs. on Saturday (end of Peak Load Restrictions as applicable) & will end on 22.30/23.00 hrs. on Monday and so on.
B)Compulsory Weekly Off day for industry (except Induction Furnaces & attached/Independent Rolling Mills) being fed from Independent Category-II & Mixed Category-II feeders will be for 1.5 days (36 hrs.) instead of 1 day (24 hrs.) w.e.f. Sunday i.e. 20.7.2008. For example Compulsory Weekly Off-day for these industries in Sangrur, Khanna & Jalandhar Circles observing Weekly Off day on Sunday, will start their Weekly Off day from 19.30/20.00 hrs. on Saturday (start of Peak Load Restrictions as applicable) & it will end on 07.30/08.00 hrs. on Monday
C)Peak Load Restrictions on Continuous Process Industry being fed through Category-IV feeders will be for 7 hrs. instead of 3 hrs. w.e.f. 20.07.2008 & it will be from 19.30 hrs. to 02.30 hrs. of next day instead of 22.30 hrs. for all Zones except Central Zone, Ludhiana and 20.00 hrs. to 03.00 hrs. of next day for Central Zone, Ludhiana for the month of July, 2008.
The 7 hrs. duration of Peak Load Restrictions (for para C above) and start of Weekly Off days (for para A & B above) for the coming months will be calculated as per actual timings of start/end of Peak Load Restrictions accordingly till these instructions remain in-force. The Industry stated above in para A & B will use only eligible load (without payment of peak load exemption charges) during peak load hours falling in the Weekly Off day duration and they will neither use nor be charged for the load allowed to be used during peak load exemption hours by PSEB. The Industry stated above in Para C will use the permitted load allowed by this office (with payment of peak load exemption charges) during peak load hour restrictions for 7 hrs. but will be charged for PLEC only for normal three hours.
The other terms & conditions including penalty for the violation of the above instructions as contained in P.R.Circular No. 3/2007 & 4/2007 shall remain unchanged.
It is requested that all the concerned consumers be informed accordingly. In order to enforce these instructions meticulously, physical checking of consumers premises may be carried out vigorously so that actual relief is available to the system.
These instructions can be down loaded from PSEB’s Website www.psebindia.org
For Chief Engineer/SO&C,
- Chairman, PSEB & All Members/PSEB.
- O.S.D. to Chairman, PSEB, Patiala.
- Chief Engineer/Commercial, PSEB, Patiala.
- Chief Engineer/Q.I. & T.A., PSEB, Patiala.
- Director/I.R., PSEB, Patiala.
- Director/Technical, PSEB, Patiala. He is requested to endorse the same to Dy.Secy./Services-III,and Dy.Secy./Tech. I,II & III.
- Director/I.T., PSEB, Patiala for putting the above Circular on PSEB Web-site.