PUNJAB STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD
P.R.Circular No. 2/2009
The Chief Engineer/S.O.&C,
Power Regulation & Control Dte.,
PSEB, 220KV S/Stn., Ablowal, Patiala.
1. All EIC/CEs/Distribution in PSEB.
2. Chief Engineer/P&M, PSEB, Ludhiana.
3. Chief Engineer/Enforcement, PSEB, Patiala.
4. All Dy.CEs/SEs/Distribution in PSEB.They are requesyed
5. All Dy.CEs/SEs/P&M in PSEB.
6. All Dy.CEs/Directors/Enforcement & EA&MMTS.
7. All Addl.SEs/Sr.XENs/Distribution along with 5 spare copies for further distribution amongst XENs/AEEs/AEs.
8. All Addl.SEs/Sr.XENs/P&M, Grid Mtc. & Distribution.
9. All Addl. SEs/Sr.XENs/Enforcement & EA&MMTS.
Memo No. 610/835/SO/PRC/LD-38 Dated: 21.1.2009
Subject: Power Regulatory Measures on Industries
In suppresession of the previous PR Circulars of Weekly Off days, it is informed that now the Weekly Off day and other Regulatory measures will be observed by the industry as under:-
• The Peak Load Restrictions of LS industrial consumers including Continuous Process Status industrial consumers declared by this office and Arc/Induction furnace consumers being fed from any type of feeder except UPS 4 wire feeders shall be for 5 hours instead of present 3 hours w.e.f. 25.1.09. Thus, up to 31 st Jan., the industry will observe Peak Load Hour Restrictions from 16.00 hrs. to 21.00 hrs. daily. Further in feb., 09, the industry in Central Zone will observe Peak Load Hour Restrictions from 17.00 hrs. to 22.00 hrs. and industries of other zones will observe Peak Load Hour Restrictions from 16.30 hrs. to 21.30 hrs. and so on.
• Industry being fed from Category-I and UPS 3 Wire feeders will observe one day compulsory weekly off from 08.00 hrs. to end of the Peak Load Hour Restrictions. Thus up to 31 st Jan. 09, weekly off day shall be for 13 hours (08.00 hrs. to 21.00 hrs.) and for 13.30 hrs. (from 08.00 hrs. to 21.30 hrs.) from Ist Feb., 09 onwards and so on.
• Industry being fed from Category-II (Independent and Mixed feeders with 90% or more industrial load as declared by this office) will observe one day compulsory weekly off from 05.00 hrs. to end of peak load restriction period. Thus this industry will observe weekly off day for 16 hours (05.00 hrs. to 21.00 hrs.) up to 31 st Jan., 09 and for 16.30 hrs. (05.00 hrs. to 21.30 hours) from Ist Feb.,09 onwards and so on.
• Arc & Induction furnace consumers being fed through category-III feeders and Rolling Mill Industry (being fed through any type of feeder) will observe one day weekly off from end of Peak Load Restriction Hours to end of Peak Load Restriction Hours of the next day. Thus as the industry having weekly off day of Monday will start the weekly off day from 21.00 hrs. of Sunday and observe weekly off for 24 hours i.e. up to 21.00 hours of Monday up to 31.1.09 and so on as is being observed by this industry on date.
• The above regulatory measures will further subject to following conditions:-
• The schedule of compulsory weekly off days of industry in various Circles (except Mandi Gobindgarh & East & West City Circles of Central Zone Ludhiana) of Board is as under:-
S.No. Name of Distribution Weekly Off-day
1. Amritsar (City & Suburban) and Monday
2. Gurdaspur, Nawanshahar Circle Tuesday
3. Faridkot, Hoshiarpur & Wednesday
4. Ludhiana (Suburban), Muktsar and Thursday
Tarn Taran Circle
5 Ropar & Bathinda Circle Friday
6. Mohali & Kapurthala Circle Saturday
7. Sangrur, Khanna Circle (except Sunday
Mandi Gobindgarh), Patiala Circle
and Jalandhar Circle
Regarding Ludhiana (City East & City West Circles) & Mandi Gobindgarh, the compulsory Weekly Off-day for General Industries including Arc & Induction Furnaces shall be observed as given below:-
Ludhiana (City East & West) Mandi Gobindgarh
(Area to remain off) (Area to remain off)
MONDAY 66KV Dhandari Kalan-II 66KV S/Stn. Talwara
66KV Focal Point, Phase-VIII (T/F T-1,T-2, T-3 & T-4)
66KV Focal Point-I 66KV Oasis Enterprises feeder
66KV Ludhiana Steel (E/F 66KV S/S Talwara)
66KV Mahavir Spg.
66KV Billet Factory
66KV Sambhav Spg. Mills
TUESDAY 66KV Indra Park 66KV S/Stn.Amloh Road , 66KV D.C.Complex Mandi Gobindgarh
66KV Model Town
66KV Vardhman Spg.Mills
66KV Punjab Concast
220KV Dhandari Kalan-B
WEDNESDAY 66KV Giaspura i) 220KV S/S G-II M.Gobindgarh
66KV Upper India (Transformer T-2, T-4 & T-6)
220KV Jamalpur ii) 66KV Punjab Forging Feeder
66KV Nurewal (E/F 220KV S/Stn.G-II)
66KV Vishav Karma
66KV Jail Road
66KV Urban Estate Dugri
THURSDAY 66KV Sahnewal i) 66KV S/Stn. Grain Market
66KV Transport Nagar (T/F T-1, T-2 & T-3)
66KV Avery ii) 66KV Nabha Feeder
66KV Aarti Steel (E/F 220KV S/Stn.G-I)
66KV Oswal Woolen Mills
FRIDAY 66KV Kanganwal i) 220KV S/S G-I M.Gobindgarh
66KV Hero (T/F T-1 & T-4)
66KV Ralson ii) 66KV Central S/Stn.
66KV Vardhman Spl.Steel (T/F T-1, T-2 & T-3)
66KV Railway Traction iii) 66KV S/Stn. Focal Point
66KV GT Road
66KV Gill Road
SATURDAY 220KV Dhandari Kalan-A i) 66KV Dutt Feeder
66KV Ferozepur Road (E/F 220 KV S/S G-I)
66KV Amaltas ii) 66KV Bassi Feeder
66KV South City (E/F 220 KV S/S G-I)
66KV Sharu Steel iii) a) 66KV Bhatia Feeder
66KV Chandigarh Road b) 66KV Punjab Steels feeder
66KV Sharu Industries (w.e.f. 5.2.08)
c) 66KV K.C.Soni feeder (w.e.f. 2.11.07) (E/F 66KV S/S Amloh Road )
iv) 66KV Bhiwani Indl. Feeder
(E/F 220 KV S/S G-I)
SUNDAY 66KV Dholewal i) 66KV Modern Feeder
66KV Aarti International (E/F 220 KV S/S G-I)
66KV Gaunsgarh ii) 66KV Jyoti Bansal Feeder
66KV Millerganj (E/F 220 KV S/S G-I)
66KV Basant Park
66KV Happy Forging
If any S/Stn. has not been covered in the above lists, the concerned Dy.CE/SE/DS may intimate to this office, so that weekly off of that S/Stn. is fixed accordingly.
All Continuous Process/Essential Industries (declared by this office) fed through Independent Feeders and who have been allowed Peak Load Exemption on payment of Peak Load Exemption Charges shall be exempted from observing Compulsory Weekly Off-day. The Essential Services viz. Government Hospitals , Railway Stations, Railway Installations, Defence & Military Installations, P&T Installations, All India Radio/T.V., Water Supply & Sewerage Installations and News Paper Printing Presses/News Service Installations will be exempted from observing Compulsory Weekly Off-day. Milk Plants, Milk Processing Plants, Milk Chilling Units, Ice Factories, Cold Storages, Oil Depots/L.P.G Depots, Poultry Farms, Ice Candy Units and Exclusively Bread Mfg. Units will also be exempted from observing Compulsory Weekly Off-day.
Other conditions of Evening Peak Load Hours Restrictions shall remain applicable as here to fore.
It is clarified that those industrial consumers who have taken permission for running some load during Peak Load Hours on payment of Peak Load Exemption Charges (PLEC) as per P.R.Circular No. 2/98, 11/98 & 9/07 (except Continuous Process/Essential Industries, mentioned above) shall not be allowed to use the same during Weekly Off-days including Peak Load Hours. The Peak Load Exemption Charges (PLEC) for the Off-days shall not be levied. However, all general Industrial Consumers including Arc & Induction Furnace Consumers shall be allowed to avail eligible exemption as admissible to them as per P.R.Circular No. 02/98 dated 28.04.98 i.e. the exemption which is eligible to them without payment of PLEC during Peak Load Hours Restrictions.
The penalty on defaulting consumers who do not observe Weekly Off-days as per schedule will be levied as per P.R.Circular No. 07/2004 dated 05.07.04 & 08/2004 dated 19.07.04.
It is requested to get these instructions noted from all concerned consumers well in advance and ensure meticulous compliance of these instructions. These instructions may also be got displayed on the Grid Sub-Station and Complaint Centers besides informing various offices of Industrial Associations.
These instructions can be down loaded from PSEB’s Website www.psebindia.org
For Chief Engineer/SO&C,
- Chairman, PSEB & All Members/PSEB.
- O.S.D. to Chairman, PSEB, Patiala.
- Chief Engineer/Commercial, PSEB, Patiala.
- Chief Engineer/Q.I. & T.A., PSEB, Patiala.
- Director/I.R., PSEB, Patiala.
- Director/Technical, PSEB, Patiala . He is requestedto endorse the same to Dy.Secy./Services- III&Dy.Secy./Tech. I, II & III, PSEB, Patiala .
- Director/I.T., PSEB, Patiala for putting theabove Circular on PSEB Web-site.
- Dy.Director/Sr.Xen/CBC, PSEB, Patiala , Ludhiana & Jalandhar