PUNJAB STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD
P.R.Circular No. 19/2009
The Engineer-In-Chief Engineer/S.O.&C,
Power Regulation & Control Dte.,
PSEB, 220KV S/Stn., Ablowal, Patiala.
1. All EIC/CEs/Distribution in PSEB.
2. Chief Engineer/P&M, PSEB, Ludhiana.
3. Chief Engineer/Enforcement, PSEB, Patiala.
4. All Dy.CEs/SEs/Distribution in PSEB.
5. All Dy.CEs/SEs/P&M in PSEB.
6. All Dy.CEs/Directors/Enforcement & EA&MMTS.
7. All Addl.SEs/Sr.XENs/Distribution along with 5 spare copies for further distribution amongst XENs/AEEs/AEs.
8. All Addl.SEs/Sr.XENs/P&M, Grid Mtc. & Distribution.
9. All Addl. SEs/Sr.XENs/Enforcement & EA&MMTS.
Memo No. . 7656/7871 /SO/PRC/LD-38 Dated: 11.6.2009
Subject: : Additional Regulatory Measures on Industrial Consumers.
To meet the Paddy Load, it has been decided to impose Additional Power Regulatory Measures on Industrial Consumers with immediate effect as under:
- All Industrial Consumers feeding from Category-II feeders will have to observe Weekly Off day for 33.5/33 Hours instead of 24 Hours being observed presently. The timings of Weekly Off day will start from the end of Peak Load Restriction Hours of previous day and end at 08.00 Hours of day next to Weekly Off day already notified. For example consumers whose Weekly Off day at present is on 12.6.2009 ( Friday ), will now observe weekly off day starting from 22.30 Hours of 11.6.2009, for all Zones except Central Zone, Ludhiana and from 23.00 Hours of 11.6.2009 for Central Zone Ludhiana and ending at 08.00 Hours of 13.6.2009 (Saturday ) and so on for the months of June & July, 2009.
- The Peak Load Restriction on Continuous Process Industries being fed through Category-IV feeders will be for 8 Hours instead of 3 hours w.e.f. 11.6.2009 and it will be from 19.30 Hours to 03.30 Hours of next day
for all Zones except Central Zone, Ludhiana and from 20.00 Hours to 04.00 Hours of next day for Central Zone Ludhiana for the month of June & July, 2009.
The 8 Hours duration of Peak Load Restrictions ( for Para-2 above ) and start of Weekly Off days ( for Para-1 above ) for the August, 2009 to onwards will be observed as per actual timings of start/end of Peak Load Restrictions accordingly till these instructions remain inforce. The Industry stated above in Para-2 will use the permitted load allowed by this office ( with payment of Peak Load Exemption Charges ) during Peak Load Hours Restrictions for 8 Hours But will be charged Peak Load Exemption Charges for normal 3 Hours.
The other terms & conditions including penalty for violation for t he above instructions issued by this office vide previous Circulars will remain unchanged.
It is requested that all the concerned consumers be informed accordingly. In order to enforce these instructions meticulously, physical checking of consumers premises may be carried out vigorously so that actual relief is available to the system.
These instructions can also be down loaded from PSEB’s Website www.psebindia.org .
For Engineer-In- Chief Engineer/SO&C,
- Chairman, PSEB & All Members/PSEB.
- Secretary/Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commision,220-21 Sector-34A,Chandigarh.
- O.S.D. to Chairman, PSEB, Patiala.
- Chief Engineer/Commercial, PSEB, Patiala.
- Chief Engineer/Q.I. & T.A., PSEB, Patiala.
- Director/I.R., PSEB, Patiala.
- Director/Technical, PSEB, Patiala . He is requestedto endorse the same to Dy.Secy./Services- III&Dy.Secy./Tech. I, II & III, PSEB, Patiala .
- Director/I.T., PSEB, Patiala for putting theabove Circular on PSEB Web-site.
- Dy.Director/Sr.Xen/CBC, PSEB, Patiala , Ludhiana & Jalandhar