IT was created in PSEB in 1985, After unbundling into PSPCL, independent IT under Chief Engineer / IT was created and was entrusted to carry out very ambitious IT plans of Central Govt / State Govt. In the beginning the applications were run on legacy system in batch mode. From day one the activities like Salary / GPF / Revenue Monitoring / Cheques Drawn etc were taken in hand. With the change of technology the scope of IT has penetrated into all the areas like HR, Distribution, Generation and so on. The state of art data Centre and Data Recovery Centre have also been created. Most of the applications which were on legacy system have been made user friendly, real time and on line.
Assignments / Projects / Responsiblities
- Implementation of IT in Distribution, Transmission & Generation System under R-APDRP (Part-A) comprising Metering, Billing and Collection, Energy Audit etc.
- Automatic Meter Reading System
- GIS Project
- SCADA Implementation
- Smart Grid
- HR application for all employees and pensioners.
- Salary/ Pension
- e-Payment System
- Compilation of accounts
- Grievances Redressal Management System
- Court case management information system
- Budget allocation and issue of drawing limit
- Online Recruitment in PSPCL and Online Departmental Exam.
- Online GPF system.
- IPDS Project Sponsered by PFC
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Project implementation
O/o Chief Engineer / IT , Ground Floor,
Seven Storey Building,
Head Office PSPCL Patiala
Phone No: 0175-2213237