CHIEF ENGINEER / THERMAL DESIGNS
There are Five No. Design Offices and One Accounts Office along with Works Section under the administration of CE/Thermal Designs. The classification is as under:
SE / ELECTRICAL DESIGN
- To deal with purchase of Power Transformers (Auto Transformers, Station Transformer and Unit Auxiliary Transformers) for GNDTP Bathinda.
- To deal with six no. Ultra Mega Power Projects (UMPPs) in India from which power allocation has been made to PSPCL.
- Pending payments of BHEL relating to GHTP Stage-II Lehra Mohabbat.
- Development of in-house application software from the IT office for 3 number Thermal Plants (GNDTP, GGSSTP, GHTP) and Thermal Designs office.
- Providing internet facility to all the 3 no. thermal plants of PSPCL and thermal designs office. Development of proposed 1320MW (2X660MW) Thermal Power Project Hajipur, Mukerian with super critical technology in state sector.
- Audit paras and court cases relating to various issues.
SE / MECHANICAL DESIGN
Mainly to deal with Boiler its Auxiliaries and other allied works like Coal Handling Plant (CHP), Ash Handling Plant (AHP), DM Plant, L.P. Piping, H.P. Piping, Fire Fighting & Protection Systems & Handling of Fly Ash etc. relating to PSPCL Thermal Plants.
SE / CIVIL DESIGN
- To deal with preliminary civil work of proposed 2X660MW Hajipur Thermal Power Project.
- Miscellaneous works relating to all the three no. PSPCL Thermal Plants.
- Pending issues, accounts, audit paras of PSPCL Thermal Plants.
SE / PROJECTS
To deal with new coal based Thermal Power Projects being developed under Case-II (BOO Basis) and also Thermal Power Projects being developed under Punjab as Power Generation Policy -2010.
SE / FLY ASH
To deal with the utilisation of Dry Fly Ash concerned with the three projects i.e. GNDTP Bathinda, GGSSTP Ropar & GHTP Lehra Mohabbat.
To deal with the firms in respect of their payments and advance, besides financial aspects. of Esstt., pensioners with different heads.
To deal with establishment, administrative matters and to assist Chief Engineer/Thermal Designs for monthly, quarterly informations and other day to day routine work. Act as Assistant PIO and monitoring the required information from all the SE Offices under CE Thermal Designs Patiala.