PUNJAB STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD
P.R.Circular No. 3/2009
The Chief Engineer/S.O.&C,
Power Regulation & Control Dte.,
PSEB, 220KV S/Stn., Ablowal, Patiala.
1. All EIC/CEs/Distribution in PSEB.
2. Chief Engineer/P&M, PSEB, Ludhiana.
3. Chief Engineer/Enforcement, PSEB, Patiala.
4. All Dy.CEs/SEs/Distribution in PSEB.
5. All Dy.CEs/SEs/P&M in PSEB.
6. All Dy.CEs/Directors/Enforcement & EA&MMTS.
7. All Addl.SEs/Sr.XENs/Distribution along with 5 spare copies for further distribution amongst XENs/AEEs/AEs.
8. All Addl.SEs/Sr.XENs/P&M, Grid Mtc. & Distribution.
9. All Addl. SEs/Sr.XENs/Enforcement & EA&MMTS.
Memo No. 917/1132/SO/PRC/LD-38 Dated: 23.1.2009
Subject: Policy regarding grant of continuous process status to an Industry and providing independentfeeders – Modification thereof
In partial modification of PR Circular No. 8/03 dated 23.7.03, the condition appearing at Sr.No. ‘d’ is substituted and a new condition at ‘e’ is added as under:-
(d) The consumer shall avail and maintain a minimum PLE of 75% of the sanctioned contract demand at 0.9 power factor and agree to pay the PLE charges over and above the normal tariff as applicable from time to time.
(e) The consumer shall install and obtain requisite permissions from PSEB and Chief Electrical Inspector & keep in good working condition Stand By DG/TG Sets of minimum 75% capacity of the sanctioned contract demand.
Accordingly all the new cases shall be forwarded to this office only after the consumer avails/undertakes to avail peak load exemption as above and has already installed DG/TG Sets of the capacity in line with the norms laid down in Para ‘e’ above.
The existing consumers who have been granted Continuous Process
Status by this office shall comply with the above additional conditions within 3 months of the issue of this circular failing which their Continuous Process Status shall stand cancelled. For this, all the existing Continuous Process Status consumers shall apply afresh to this office through CE/DS concerned along with following:
• copy of letter vide which Regular Continuous Process Status was granted earlier by this office.
• Sanction of Peak Load Exemption up to 75% of the Sanctioned Contract Demand at 0.9 PF and
• Permissions of PSEB & Chief Electrical Inspector/Pb. as a proof of having installed DG/TG Sets of minimum 75% capacity of the Sanctioned Contract Demand. The concerned CE/DS will forward their request along with his recommendations after verification of the facts and figures after which the case will be approved as per procedure laid in PR Circular 8/03.
The above instructions may be got noted from all the existing Continuous Process Status consumers for immediate compliance.
These instructions can be down loaded from PSEB’s Website www.psebindia.org
For Chief Engineer/SO&C,
- Chairman, PSEB & All Members/PSEB.
- O.S.D. to Chairman, PSEB, Patiala.
- Chief Engineer/Commercial, PSEB, Patiala.
- Chief Engineer/Q.I. & T.A., PSEB, Patiala.
- Director/I.R., PSEB, Patiala.
- Director/Technical, PSEB, Patiala . He is requestedto endorse the same to Dy.Secy./Services- III&Dy.Secy./Tech. I, II & III, PSEB, Patiala .
- Director/I.T., PSEB, Patiala for putting theabove Circular on PSEB Web-site.
- Dy.Director/Sr.Xen/CBC, PSEB, Patiala , Ludhiana & Jalandhar.