The Manner of Execution of Subsidy Programmes
13.1. Please provide the information as per the following format:
1 Name of Programme/scheme
i. Subsidized Power to all A.P tubewell consumers
ii. 100 Units per month free Power to S.C Domestic consumers and non S.C. BPL Domestic Consumers with connected load upto 1000 watts.
2. Duration of the Programme /scheme
Both the schemes are in operation as per Punjab Govt. Policy.
3. Objective of the Programme
To help the agriculture sector, scheduled caste and non S.C. BPL electricity domestic consumers.
4. Physical and financial targets of the Programme (Subsidy recoverable from Government of Punjab for the year 2010-11)
I Rs.2702.87 Crore.(Net)
ii Rs.320.67 Crore
Total Rs. 3023.54 Crore
5. Eligibility of beneficiary
i. Subsidized Power is available to all A.P Tubewell consumers.
ii. For S.C Category – Certificate issued by SDM\Competent State Authority as prescribed by Punjab Government regarding his belonging to schedule caste & Test report confirming his connected load upto 1000 watts vide Commercial Circular No. 11/2006 and 8/2010..
iii. For Non-SC BPL category- Certificate issued by Competent Authority as prescribed by Punjab Government regarding consumer’s belonging to BPL & Test report confirming his connected load upto 1000 watts vide Commercial Circular No. 68/2006 and 8/2010.
6. Pre-requisite for the benefit
As per point no. 5 above
7. Procedure to avail the benefit. The consumers can deposit his applications & agreement form alongwith requisite certificate in the concerned SDO/DS Office.
8. Criteria for deciding eligibility.
As per point no. 5 above
9. Detail of the benefits given in the program (also mention the amount of subsidy or other help given.).
As per point no. 4 above
10. Procedure for distribution of subsidy
The subsidy is given through electricity bills, which are raised on the subsidized rates.
11. What to apply or whom to contact in the Office for applying.
Concerned POWERCOM Sub Division Office.
12. Application Fee (where applicable).
No fee at all for availing subsidy.
13. Other Fees (where applicable)
The application & agreement form (A&A Form) is available in every Sub Divin. offices at a nominal price of Rs. 50/ – .However consumer has the option to down load the A&A form available on the POWERCOM Web for which no fee is charged. However other charges such as SCC and ACD etc. shall be payable as per sales regulation which is also available on POWERCOM Web site.
14. Application format (where applicable. If the application is made on plain paper pl. mention it alongwith what the applicant should mention in the application).
15. List of attachments.
i. For A.P. consumers: Ownership of land.
ii. For S.C. Consumers: As per point 6 above.
16. Format of attachments.
i. For A.P. consumers: As per A&A form
ii. For S.C. consumers: As per A&A form
alongwith S C Certificate.
17. Where to contact in case of process related complaints. In case of any process related complaints, consumers can approach concerned SDO/Sr.XEN/SE/CE(Op.) and also can file complaints with Grievance Cell headed by Member/D,PSEB,H.O., The Mall, Patiala
18. Details of the available fund (At various levels like District Level, Block Level etc.)
No funds are made available in operation offices but subsidized bills are accepted & subsidy is claimed from Pb. Govt.as per PSERC directive.
19. List of beneficiaries in the format given below:
|Sr.No./ Code||Benefitciary Name||Amount of Subsidy (For 2010-11)||Parent/ Guardians||Criteria of selection||Address|
|Distt.||City||Town/ Village||House No.|
|1.||All AP Tubewell consumers||Rs. 2702.87 Crore (Net)||–||Tubewell connection should be used only for irrigation purposes||All over in Punjab|
|2.||SC Category Domestic Consumers||Rs. 317.89 Crore||–||100 units per month free to all S.C. Domestic consumers with Connected load of 1000 watts.||-do-|
|3.||Non SC BPL Domestic Consumers||Rs. 2.78 Crore||–||100 units per month free to all Non S.C. BPL Domestic consumers with Connected load of 1000 watts.||-do-|
|Total||Rs. 3023.54 Crore|
|Subsidy payable by the GoP||AP +Meter rentals and service charges (Rs. crore)||SC DS + Meter rentals and service charges (Rs. crore)||Non-SC BPL + Meter rentals and service charges (Rs. crore)||Total (Rs. crore)|
|Subsidy payable for AP consumption (@ 320 paise/unit) and SC/non SC BPL DS consumers (@ 311 paise/unit)||
|Less Recovery from AP consumers @ Rs.50/BHP/month on estimated connected load of 10062182 BHP determined after allowing increase @ 5% over previous year load||
|Total subsidy payable by the GoP for 2010-11||
|Subsidy payable as determined in para 3.15||
|Add : interest payable for delayed payment of subsidy||60.02|
|Total subsidy payable||3204.27|
|Less amount recoverable @ Rs.50/ BHP/month from AP consumers for the period January to March, 2010 as determined in para 3.15 (to be firmed up on actual basis)||108.57|
|Net subsidy payable for 2009-10||3095.70|
|Less subsidy already paid / adjusted||i) Amount paid
ii) Adjusted against GoP loans
iii) Adjusted against ED
Subsidy paid in excess 48.55 2008-09 Amount of subsidy paid in excess as determined in para 2.16 181.45 Total subsidy paid in excess 230.00
Excess paid subsidy adjusted against first instalment payable for April 2010
Subsidy Instalment for April 2010
Balance amount payable for April 2010
(-) 230.00Balance total subsidy and interest payable by the GoP upto March 31, 2011. 2793.54*
* exclusive of amount refundable by GoP .