PUNJAB STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EoI)
For utilisation of Ash generated from Talwandi Sabo Thermal Power Project (2000 MW )
Punjab State Electricity Board has launched an initiative for development of a coal based Thermal Power Plant (2000 MW ) in Talwandi Sabo at Village Banwala, District Mansa, Punjab, India on BOO basis. Power Finance Corporation Limited has been appointed as Consultants for Selection of Developer for the proposed power project through ‘Case 2’ of Tariff based Competitive Bidding. The thermal power plant is likely to be fully operational from the year 2011-12
About 3 million tonnes per annum of ash is likely to be generated from the coal to be used for the Power Project. Out of this, 80% is estimated to be fly ash and balance 20% bottom ash. This ash can be utilised in the cement industry or for making blocks for pavement, bricks etc.
Expression of Interest:
EoI is invited from prospective users of the ash, to be generated from Talwandi Sabo Thermal Power Project, in various industries.
Procedure for Submission of EoI:
Interested parties may submit their EOI’s along with the following details by 25.2.08:
- Particluars of the company along with background of operations
- Business where ash will be utilized and tentative plan for utilization
- Proposed quantity of ash to be offtaken from the project
- Any assistance required from Punjab State Electricity Board/ Talwandi Sabo Power Limited.
- Parties may also mention any commercial aspects involved.
Address for Communication and Submission of EOI
Director (Technical) TSPL
Shed No. A-3, Shakti Vihar,
Tel: 91-175-2208139 Fax: 91-175-2205249