PSPCL is supplying electric power in the State of Punjab in a customer service
environment. The Enforcement Wing of PSPCL is entrusted with the work of detection
of theft of electricity, wrong metering, unauthorized extensions in load, energy
auditing to check other irregularities in connections and to enquire and detect
violations of PSPCL’s instructions by its employees and consumers.
SET UP OF ENFORCEMENT WING
Enforcement wing of PSPCL is headed by Chief Engineer and having 9 Directors
under his charge whose offices are situated as follows :-
||Chief Engineer/ENFORCEMENT, PATIALA
There are 30 nos. enforcement squads attached with Enforcement Directors each
headed by Addl.S.E/Sr.Xen/AEE. Besides the above there are 13 nos. Mobile Meter
Testing Squads stationed at different important load centers who check the accuracy
of meters/metering equipment and analyses the data stored in the electronic
meters by down loading the data of LS consumers regularly within prescribed
memory period of electronic meters as electronic meters having memory period
of 30 to 70 days stands installed at all LS consumers.
Each EA&MMTS squad headed by Sr.Xen//Addl.SE is equipped with latest testing
equipments such as MRI, portable electronic meters testing equipment, clamp
on meters. Computers has been provided to each enforcement/MMTS Directors and
squads to minutely analyze the print outs of LS/MS consumers.
CE -EA & E
DUTIES OF SQUADS OF ENFORCEMENT WING
A. ENFORCEMENT SQUADS
- Detection of theft of elecy. By various categories of consumers.
- Detection of unauthorized extension at the premises of various categories
- Detection of fictitious nameplates on T/well motors and other type of loads.
- Detection of inaccurate registration of energy by meters/metering equipment
due to wrong//incorrect connections and due to missing multiplying factors.
- Surprising checking of attendance/muster rolls (including civil organization).
- Detection of all other cases leading to leakage of revenue.
- Surprise checking of Board’s vehicles.
- Investigation of complaints with respect to suppression of seniority in
grant of connections, demand of illegal gratification etc.
- Checking of off day running of connections and violation of peak load restrictions.
- Other misc. jobs entrusted by the Board from time to time such as checking
of stores etc.
- To assist distribution staff in pursuing the cases of theft/pilferage of
elecy. In the court.
- Monitoring of consumption of power oriented industries like Induction,
furnaces etc. being fed through independent feeders.
- Surprising/joint readings (inclusive of M.D.) of major industrial units
and paper sealing of meters body to plug chances of unauthorized opening of
- Enforcement of all commercial instructions issued from time to time, non-compliance
of which could otherwise lead to theft, pilferage of energy.
- Suggest changes in commercial instruction on the basis of difficulties
faced in their implementation from time to time.
- To create atmosphere of trust between the PSPCL and consumers in order
to avoid occurrence of theft cases through better interaction and guidance
B. MOBILE METER TESTING SQUADS
- Testing of meters/metering equipments at consumer’s premises as in
found condition of all HT consumers.
- Verification of genuineness of M&T seals in respect of meter/metering
equipments tested by them.
- Testing, sealing (except M&T seals, and recording of readings of metering
equipment installed at various grid sub stations of PSPCL on all independent
feeders of rating 11/33/66/132/220 KV etc.
- Testing of CT/PT units with regard to their capacity/accuracy etc.
- Testing of metering equipment/meters jointly with ME S/Divn. Before and
- Down loading of data of all LS consumer regularly with in prescribed memory
period of electronic meters. Taking of print outs, there study/analyze regularly
regarding violation of power regulation instructions, wrong metering and theft
- Monitor/ replacement of defective meters and prepare reports for information
- Ensure compliance of test results through CBC.